- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 18 min
- Yield: 1
- 1 6oz wild salmon side or filet (per person)
- Alessi Fresh Black Peppercorns and Sea Salt, a few grinds each before cooking and a few to taste after
- handful of fresh arugula per plate
- 3-5 sliced grape tomatoes per plate
- 2 thin slices of red onion per plate
- Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Alessi Balsamic Reduction for generous drizzlingAdd
- 1-2 tablespoon Alessi Pine NutsAdd
- Preheat grill to medium (300-350 degrees)
- Pat dry the salmon with paper towel and season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Place salmon side skin side down and grill to your desired doneness (about 10-14 minutes) *
- Arrange the arugula, tomatoes and onion on the plate. I like the presentation of separating the rings and nestling the salmon on top, but it makes little difference.
- Toast the pine nuts in a hot skillet. Toss them quickly, then promptly remove from pan. They burn easily.
- Place the salmon on the plate with salad. Drizzle each with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about a tsp), then generously drizzle with the thick balsamic reduction, top with a few grinds of fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste, then sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top to finish the plate.
- Serve immediately.
If cooking a fillet rather than a side, (see pics, the salad shows a side, the entree shows a fillet), it is better to sear the top for a few minutes before flipping to skin side down)
Featured on: Mom Foodie