- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25-45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat (or 1 lb. ground meat and 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed)
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar Alessi Pasta Sauce (Smooth or Chunky)
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Alessi One Step LasagneAdd
Brown meat in heated oil until cooked through. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, parsley, and 2 oz. grated cheese. Mix well and set aside.
Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 12” x 8” x 3” ovenproof baking dish.
Arrange 3 noodles to cover the bottom. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture, 1/4 cup meat mixture, ¼ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup pasta sauce over noodles. Top with another layer of noodles and repeat process. On the final layer of noodles, top with remaining mozzarella, sauce, and grated cheese.
Cook in a conventional oven:
Cover and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut and serve with additional sauce and cheese if desired.
Or microwave oven:
Cover and cook on high power a total of 15 minutes, rotating dish once. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut and serve with additional sauce and cheese if desired.