Autumn Harvest Penne
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: (8) 1 cup servings
- Calories: 390
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- butternut squash, about 4 cups peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alessi Fresh Peppercorns and Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 package Alessi Organic Penne Pasta (16oz)Add
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 10 ounces spinach
- Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Place butternut squash and onion on tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle black pepper and salt onto veggies, and combine well. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
In large dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to boil. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
While pasta is cooking, heat a large sauté pan on med-high heat. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Once heated, add chicken tenders. Sprinkle with black pepper and cook for 4 minutes each side.
Once chicken is cooked through, add spinach and cook covered for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
When pasta is done, drain water, but do not rinse. Toss pasta with veggies, chicken and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.