- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup Alessi Farro, dryAdd
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 ounces meatless chicken cutlets or boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbles goat cheese
- 1 avocado peeled, cored and sliced into small bite size pieces
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- • Creamy Dressing • •
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Alessi Kosher Sea SaltAdd
- 1/8 teaspoon Alessi Fresh Peppercorns
- Put farro in a pot with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Drain farro using a colander, shake well to remove as much water as possible and set aside.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Assembling the salad:
- In a tall flat bowl, start by placing the arugula at the bottom of the bowl. Top with farro and continue adding layers in the following order: cashews, goat cheese, avocado, meatless chicken, apples and pomegranate.
- For the dressing:
- Put all the ingredient in a jar and tightly close the lid. Shake vigorously until the mixture has emulsified. Set aside.
- Serve on plates and drizzle a little dressing on top before serving.
The key to picking a good pomegranate is by weighing it. The heavier it is, the more ripe and juicy.
Featured on: Pickled Plum