- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 5 chicken thighs, with skin
- Alessi Sea SaltAdd
- Alessi Black PeppercornsAdd
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3/4 cups White Wine
- 1 jar Alessi Pasta SauceAdd
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-heat.
To prepare chicken, rub with salt and pepper. Coat with flour. Place chicken in the pan and cook until both sides are browned. Transfer to a plate. Drain some of the oil and fat from the skillet, approximately half.
Add garlic, peppers and onion to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute.
Stir in mushrooms and cook for another minute. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Add wine and allow to reduce by half.
Pour in pasta sauce and stir to incorporate. Return chicken, skin side up, to the skillet and cover. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 15 until bubbly.
To further reduce sauce, remove chicken and vegetables from the skillet and simmer for another 5 minutes on the stovetop. Add butter. Return chicken and stir. Serve over cooked rice or pasta.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and grated Parmesan.