Gnocchi with Pork Ragu
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Watch the Video Below
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 ounces bacon, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 3/4 cups Alessi Chunky Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Alessi Kosher Sea Salt, to tasteAdd
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds Alessi Gnocchi
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat oil in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium-high. Cook pork and bacon until browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Add chili flakes, add fennel, add garlic puree; cook until garlic is golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce; cook 2 minutes. Add wine; cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add 4 cups stock and season with salt; boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until thickened, about 1 hour. Finish with butter.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Top with pork ragu and garnish with garnish with grated parmesan.
Recipe from: Chef Eric Levine