- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cooked Vigo Black Beans & RiceAdd
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Olive Oil
- 6 ounces chorizo, divided use
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium broth (chicken or vegetable) or water
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Black Beans & Rice
1. Cook the rice according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When it's hot and shimmering, add 4 ounces diced chorizo. Leave it alone to brown, 2 minutes.
3. Stir the chorizo and toss in the onions and peppers. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring once or twice, until the onions and peppers turn soft, 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the broth and black bean & rice mix to the skillet, cover and simmer, 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover, and stir until much of the liquid evaporates, another 5 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley.
5. Spoon mixture into cone.
In food processor, blend avocado with sour cream, and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving time.
Slice chorizo into thin rounds and bake in oven at 350f for 20 minutes or until Chorizo is crisp as a potato chip, almost brittle.
Spoon rice mixture into cone or cup, top with piece of crispy chorizo and pipe avocado mousse on top.
Garnish with parsley.