Grilled Turkey Sandwich
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich
- Loaf of French bread, 4-6" piece per sandwich
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Pesto di Liguria
- 2-3 ounces leftover roasted turkey
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Sun Dried Tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shreaded
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat the grill pan. Slice the french bread piece through the center so you have a top and a bottom to make the sandwich. Brush melted button on the outsides of both pieces of french bread.
2. Working with the bottom piece of french bread, spread 1 tablespoon pesto on the non-buttered side of the bread (the inside of the bread) and top with 2-3 ounces of leftover roasted turkey. Sprinkle on 1 teaspoon diced sun-dried tomatoes and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Place the top half of the bread on top of the sandwich with the buttered side out.
3. Carefully transfer the sandwich to grill pan and grill until toasty on both sides. I used a George Foreman Grill so it grilled both sides at once, and I was able to press down gently on the sandwich. If you are using a grill pan, I suggest placing a heavy pan on top of the sandwich to press down gently while grilling each side. Serve and enjoy!
Featured on: Life Tastes Good