Italian / Asian Fusion Salmon & Spinach Salad
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 18 min
- Yield: 1
- 1 6oz wild salmon side or filet (per person)
- Alessi Fresh Black Peppercorns and Alessi Sea Salt, a few grinds each before cooking and a few to taste after
- handful of fresh baby spinach per plate
- 3-5 sliced grape tomatoes per plate
- 2 thin slices of red onion per plate
- Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Alessi Italian/Asian Fusion ReductionAdd
- 1-2 tablespoon Alessi Pine Nuts
- Preheat grill to medium (300-350 degrees)
- Pat dry the salmon with paper towel and season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Place salmon side skin side down and grill to your desired doneness (about 10-14 minutes) *
- Arrange the spinach, tomatoes, and onion on the plate. I like the presentation of separating the rings and nestling the salmon on top, but it makes little difference.
- Toast the pine nuts in a hot skillet. Toss them quickly, then promptly remove from pan. They burn easily.
- Place the salmon on the plate with salad. Drizzle each with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about a tsp), then generously drizzle with the Alessi Italian/Asian Fusion Reduction, top with a few grinds of fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste, then sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top to finish the plate.
- Serve immediately.
* If cooking a fillet rather than a side it is better to sear the top for a few minutes before flipping to skin side down)