- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 jar Alessi Chunky Marinara
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 4 pounds fresh mussels, debearded, scrubbed and rinsed
- Alessi Sea Salt
- Alessi Black Peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil leaves
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute until cooked.
Add the wine and cook it until reduced by half, then add Alessi Chunky Marinara, oregano and parsley.
Add the mussels to the pan and allow to cook for about 10 minutes until all the mussels are open.
Transfer mussels to a platter. (Discard any mussels that do not open.)
You can mound some pasta in the center of the plate surrounded by the mussels or have some pasta sauce handy for dipping.
Adjust the seasoning for the sauce with salt and pepper, as necessary. Coat the mussels with the sauce and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil just before serving.