One-Pan Chicken Parmesan Meatball and Burrata Pasta Bake
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: cook time is 60 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
• Meatballs • •
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Alessi Seasoned Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon each Alessi Fresh Sea Salt & Black Peppercorns
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls (you can also cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes)
- Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Pasta • •
- 3/4 packages Alessi Organic Mezzi PaccheriAdd
- 1 jar Alessi Marinara Sauce (24oz)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth (you can also use red wine for a variation in flavor)
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns
- Add all meatball ingredients to a large bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together. Then shape into 12 large meatballs, stuff each with a small mozzarella ball or piece of mozzarella (reserve any extra mozzarella for later), making sure to mold the meat around the cheese so that it is fully covered.
- Heat a 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil in a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, 3 or 4 at a time, cooking for a few minutes on each side, until they are brown. Remove to a plate, and continue until all meatballs have been cooked, adding more olive oil if necessary.
- Meanwhile, begin preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- In the same skillet used for the meatballs, add the pasta, sauce, water and chicken broth and stir to combine. Place the meatballs on top of the pasta. Bake for 35 minutes, stopping to stir several times. After 35 minutes, top with burrata and any remaining mozzarella. Bake for 10 more minutes (if you want your cheese to get golden brown, you can broil for 2-3 minutes right before removing the skillet from the oven). Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes. Top with fresh parmesan cheese, basil and red pepper flakes and serve.
Featured on: Runway Chef