- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced or 2 tsp Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 1-2 pounds rapini, rinsed and cut into pieces
- hot pepper flakes
- Alessi Sea Salt and Alessi Black Peppercorns
- 1 pound Alessi Organic Orecchiette, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
Cook Italian sausage in a heavy saucepan until done. Remove and allow to cool. Slice into 1/4" thick rounds and set aside.
Drain grease from pan and add olive oil.
Saute garlic and add rapini. Cover and cook until tender, being careful not to overcook.
Add sausage, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
Add cooked, drained pasta, butter and grated cheese. Toss and serve immediately.
*See Alessi Orecchiette package for this recipe.