Risotto alla Milanese Style with Saffron
- Prep Time: 7-10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 2 1/2 cups seafood stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 package Alessi Milanese Style Risotto with SaffronAdd
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 lobster tails
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- pinch of Alessi Sea Salt
- pinch of Alessi Ground Black Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- chives, chopped finely for garnish
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, bring 2 ½ cups (20 oz.) of seafood stock to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and entire package of Alessi Risotto Alla Milanese Style with Saffron. Stir while boiling for one minute.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook undisturbed for 18 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and stir in creme fraiche. Set aside and keep covered.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to broil on high.
- Butterfly the lobster tails. Use a scissor or kitchen shears to cut along the center of each lobster towards the tail. Use your fingers to lift the meat out of the shell, keeping it attached to the tail. Squeeze the shell back together and perch the lobster meat on top. Place the prepared lobster, meat side up, in an aluminum foil lined baking dish.
- Pour white wine in the bottom of the dish with the lobster.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons melted butter, garlic puree, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Brush on top of lobster meat and top with fresh parsley.
- Broil lobster for 8-10 minutes depending on weight, or until lobster internal temp registers at 135-140 degrees.
- Plate risotto and top with broiled lobster. Spoon remaining wine and butter liquid over the dish. Garnish with chives and a squeeze of lemon.