- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 pound (10 cups) day-old sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 cup Alessi Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 package Alessi Crema di Funghi Porcini Mushroom SoupAdd
- 1 egg
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Cut bread into bite-sized cubes and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes at 350F. Remove and set aside to cool.
In large skillet, sauté sausage using a wooden spoon to break it up as it cooks. Once browned, remove from pan and set aside. Discard remaining oil.
In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté apples, celery and onion until soft, for about 5-7 minutes.
Prepare Alessi Crema di Funghi Porcini Mushroom Soup per package directions. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together bread, sausage, onion, celery, apples, fresh herbs, pine nuts, and raisins.
Whisk 1 egg into 2 1/2 cups Alessi Crema di Funghi Porcini Mushroom Soup, and pour mixture over stuffing until moist. Stuffing should be wet, but not soggy. Season with salt and pepper.
Chef’s note: Enjoy the remaining soup at any time!
Grease 13" x 9” baking dish with butter, olive oil or your preferred cooking spray. Pour stuffing mixture into baking dish.
Bake covered in aluminum foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until stuffing is browned to perfection.