Spicy Penne alla Vodka – without the Vodka (Gigi Hadid inspired)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 16 ounces Alessi Organic RigatoniAdd
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Tomato PasteAdd
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Capers
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook Alessi Organic Rigatoni according to the package direction, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onions. Sauté’ the onions for about 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add in the minced garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, heavy cream, pasta water, crushed red pepper flakes (to taste), Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and stir until combined. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter.
- Add your drained pasta to the sauce mixture and gently stir to combine. Garnish with capers and additional Parmesan cheese to taste and enjoy!