Spring Asparagus & Baby Kale Quinoa Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup Vigo Quinoa
- 1 small bunch asparagus (about 2 cups), ends trimmed and chopped into bitesize pieces
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Reduction, divided
- orange wedges
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
- In a small pot, add the quinoa, 2 cups water, and a couple pinches of salt. Bring the quinoa to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, blanch the asparagus: Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil and prepare a large bowl of ice water. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and let cook for 60 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water. Cool completely, then place on a clean dish towel or paper towels to dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the quinoa, baby kale, asparagus, sliced scallion, almonds, and dried cranberries. Divide between 2 bowls, then drizzle each bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic reduction, and a squeeze of fresh orange juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Featured on: Pickles & Honey