Traditional Ligurian Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 small-medium potato (about 5oz/140g)
- 4 ounces green beans
- 4.5 ounces Alessi Organic Pasta (short cut)
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Premium Pesto di Liguria
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns
- Alessi Pine Nuts (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt to taste.
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Wash, clean and cut the green beans in pieces (about 1 inch long).
- When the water boil, add the potatoes and green beans. Bring back to a boil and cook for a couple of extra minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente (follow the time on the package). This casarecci pasta needs about 8-9 minutes.
- Drain the pasta when ready, saving some of the water.
- Mix the pasta with the pesto. Add some of the water if necessary, to make the sauce a little softer.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Decorate with more pine nuts if you wish. Serve immediately, and enjoy :)
Featured on: Cooking with Manuela