- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 package Alessi Gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, shaved thin
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 jar Alessi Fra Diavolo SauceAdd
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon clam base
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese (optional)
Cook gnocchi according to package directions and keep warm.
In a sauce pot, add olive oil and garlic and put on medium heat. Cook garlic until lightly golden brown, careful not to burn. Add vodka and cook until the alcohol has burned off (about 2 minutes).
Add all other ingredients except cream. Turn heat down and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add heavy cream and let cook another 5 minutes. Remove from stove to cool.
Remove the bay leaf from the sauce and pour the sauce in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over the gnocchi and mix well. Serve with fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.