Arborio Stuffed Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Alessi Arborio RiceAdd
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 325.
Cook Arborio rice according to package directions. Let cool and place in medium mixing bowl.
Cut tops off tomatoes. Using a small spoon, hollow out and keep pulp. Finely chop pulp and mix in with rice. Add oregano, basil and garlic to rice and mix well. Stir in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Using a spoon, fill hollowed tomatoes with rice mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let cool and serve.