- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Panko Bread Crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 cups Alessi Smooth Marinara Sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl combine 1 cup panko, ¼ cup Parmesan and olive oil. Use a fork to combine and place in a shallow bowl.
In a separate bowl combine egg, chicken, onion, garlic, and remaining panko and Parmesan. Season chicken mixture with salt and pepper.
Form chicken mixture into 24 even balls, inserting a mozzarella cube in middle of each. Roll chicken in panko breadcrumbs and place each ball inside cup of a mini muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes then broil on high for 2-3 minutes until panko is golden. Let cool before removing from pan. Serve with marinara for dipping.