Butternut Squash Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup Alessi Julienne-cut Sun Dried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Vigo Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 ounces Vigo Feta Cheese, divided use
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Reduction, divided use
- Mixed salad greens (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix butternut squash, 2 Tbsp olive oil, brown sugar, and fennel seeds together in a large bowl. Add mixture to tinfoil lined baking pan and roast 15 – 20 minutes until golden. Set aside.
Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees. Mix together 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp garlic puree and brush mixture on the inside of each mushroom cap.
In another bowl, prepare to stuff by combining sun-dried tomatoes and breadcrumbs. Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing and top with feta cheese. Place filled caps on a tin foil lined baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Serve on a bed of seasoned mixed greens and finish with balsamic reduction.