Date Night Gnocchi with Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 package Alessi Gnocchi
- 1 12 oz jar Alessi Red Peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup Alessi Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Alessi Mixed Peppercorns
- Alessi Mediterranean Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Alessi Balsamic Reduction (for finishing)
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the surface. Drain well and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, salt and pepper, and honey. Pulse until roughly blended, not completely smooth. The slight crunch from the pine nuts is essential! Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the edges of the egg are crispy and the whites are cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan, and sauté until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and divide between two bowls. Top with a generous spoonful of the pesto, followed by the fried egg, a couple grinds of pepper and a drizzle of the balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
Featured on: Set the Table