- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 2oz. package Aless Sun Dried Tomatoes, choppedAdd
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons Alessi Double Concentrated Tomato PasteAdd
- 2 cups Vigo Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to tasteAdd
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 3.5oz. jar Alessi Sun Dried Tomato PestoAdd
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (optional)
- parsely, finely chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin.
Add all ingredients, except the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and mozzarella, to a medium sized bowl and combine using hands. Scoop about ½ cup of mixture and form into a ball. Press ball into muffin tin. The surface should be a slight dome shape.
Remove meat to make a 1 inch hole in the center (without reaching the bottom of the muffin tin) and place excess meat back in bowl. Fill the hole with couple pieces of mozzarella and re-cover with meat. Repeat.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until browned on top. Spread 1 tsp of sun dried tomato pesto on each cupcake, pipe mashed potatoes over pesto and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.