Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 jar Alessi Smooth Marinara
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and bacon in olive oil. Cook until bacon is crispy and onions are translucent. Add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Pour the jar of marinara into the skillet and heat thoroughly.
When the sauce is hot, make 4 small wells and crack an egg into each well being careful not to break the yolk. Cover and cook about 8 minutes until eggs are done.
Place toast on a plate and carefully spoon out an egg and top it on the toast. Sprinkle with cheese, serve and enjoy!