- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup Vigo Orzo
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Alessi Breadsticks (optional)
In a large stockpot, sauté carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in heated olive oil until soft and slightly brown.
Add chicken stock and reduce to medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add orzo and meatballs and let cook for 5 minutes; then stir in spinach. Cook an additional 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Serve with Alessi Breadsticks.