Olive Oil Lemon Pound Cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Fine Sea SaltAdd
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 and grease loaf pan.
Using a mixer, combine sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time then add olive oil and milk. Mix until a thin batter is formed, being careful not to overblend.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk. In batches, slowly add to liquid ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter into loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour until cake has risen and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before using a knife to loosen edges and remove from pan. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over cake and let harden.