- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: (6) 1 1/2 cup servings
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1/2 cup Alessi Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- about 3 cups water (enough to cover pears in pan)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Alessi Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns
- 3 pears, slightly firm - peeled, halved and cored, leave on stem
- 6 cups mixed leafy greans
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup Vigo Feta Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Pine Nuts
- In a saucepan just large enough to hold pear halves on their sides, combine ingredients for poaching liquid - vinegar, water, honey and dash of black pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring until honey has dissolved. Arrange pears on their sides in a single layer in poaching liquid. Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until tender, about 25 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer pears to a plate and let pears cool. Once cool, thinly slice pears lengthwise.
- To make a balsamic reduction, bring poaching liquid back to a boil; cook until slightly syrupy, deep brown in color, and reduced to 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Liquid will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
If storing balsamic reduction, transfer to a covered container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Store pears and syrup separately.