- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
- 1 jar Alessi Smooth Marinara Sauce, dividedAdd
- Alessi Sea Salt and Alessi Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Alessi Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff, add butter and stir. Let cool.
In a large saucepan, brown sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 cup pasta sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on medium heat until heated through. In a large bowl combine rice and meat mixture and place, covered, in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Pour flour, eggs and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow dishes. When rice mixture has cooled, begin making arancini. Coat hands in flour, and then form rice and meat mixture into a 2” balls. (Add more flour to hands as needed). Roll in flour, in eggs, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet.
Heat a deep skillet with 1-2” of olive oil over medium high heat. Fry arancini in olive oil until brown on all sides. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with remaining pasta sauce as a dipping sauce.