- Prep Time:
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
• For the Meatballs • •
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup Alessi Pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Panko
• For the Gnocchi • •
- 1 package Alessi Gluten Free Gnocchi
- 2 slices uncured bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 tablespoon porcini mushroom powder (grind Alessi Dried Porcini Mushrooms in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- ancho chili powder, salt, pepper, to taste
- Alessi Balsamic Reduction for drizzling
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
For the Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make the meatballs by combining the ground pork, pesto, salt and bread crumbs. Mix well. Then form into approximately 1.3 ounce meatballs (makes about 15 meatballs).
- Place the meatballs on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Flip the meatballs halfway through baking to keep a consistent shape (so they don't end up flat on one side.
For the Gnocchi (make while the meatballs are baking)
- Cook the Gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large sauce pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic and butter and stir until the butter is melted. Be sure to not burn the garlic.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the tapioca flour and mushroom powder. Stir until combined.
- Gradually add the milk and half and half, stirring or whisking constantly until all milk/half and half is added and the mixture is smooth.
- Taste and add ancho chili powder and salt to taste.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and mix well until coated.
- Divide the gnocchi/sauce mixture between two plates or large bowls. Top with 3-4 meatballs.
- Save remaining meatballs for another meal, meatball subs or another pasta dish. Or serve as an appetizer!
Featured on: This Gal Cooks