- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 28 ounce can Alessi Crushed TomatoesAdd
- 4 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into eighths
- 1 pound Alessi Organic SpaghettiAdd
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons basil, cut into ribbons
- Grated Parmesan, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine tomatoes, garlic, anchovy paste and red pepper flakes in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Divide butter on top of sauce and cook in oven for 35- 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, making sure water is well salted. After draining, return cooked pasta to pot and add tomato sauce. Toss until spaghetti is evenly coated then add basil.
Sprinkle with cheese if desired.