- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Arborio RiceAdd
- 1/3 cup shallot or onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Alessi Sea Salt, to tasteAdd
Heat vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and keep heated on low.
Meanwhile, in another large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil. Add shallot and sauté over medium heat until transparent. Add rice and stir until well coated in oil. Add wine and stir until absorbed. Add enough broth to just barely cover the rice. Cook and continually stir until broth is absorbed. Continue cooking in this manner, adding broth a bit at a time. After 8 – 9 minutes of cooking time, add butternut squash. Continue adding broth while stirring and cook about another 8 – 10 minutes. (Water may need to be added to broth). The rice is done when it is tender yet firm to the bite (al dente) about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in sage, butter and cheese and season with salt. The rice will appear creamy and moist. Serve with additional cheese if desired.