- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1-1lb Alessi Organic Rigatoni
- 1/2 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 cup Alessi Pine NutsAdd
- Alessi Sea Salt and Alessi Black PeppercornsAdd
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Alessi Traditional Balsamic Reduction (optional)Add
Prepare pasta “al dente” according to the package instructions. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add butter, onions and cherry tomatoes and sauté 5 – 7 minutes.
Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tomato mixture, mozzarella and pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper. Add basil and mix.
Serve with grated cheese and Alessi Traditional Balsamic Reduction if desired.