- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed, diced and cooked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup red unpeeled apple, core removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Italian Red Wine VinegarAdd
- 3/4 teaspoons Alessi Black Peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Vigo Basmati RiceAdd
- 14 ounces lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 kaffir leaves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Sea SaltAdd
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoons scallion, sliced
- canola spray
- black sesame seeds
Curried Chicken and Apple Salad
Combine the diced chicken with celery, apple, pecans, curry powder, salt, Alessi wine vinegar, pepper, cayenne pepper, and mayonnaise in a large bowl, adding more or less mayonnaise, to moisten according to your taste. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Basmati Rice Cake
Place cilantro in an 8“ square of cheesecloth and tie with string to form a sachet.
Place cilantro, rice, coconut milk, water, and kaffir leaves in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender about 15 to 20 minutes. (Note: If necessary, add more water to cook the rice completely.) Cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in eggs, diced tomato, salt & pepper and chives to rice mixture.
Preheat griddle or electric skillet to 350F. For each cake, use ⅓ cup rice mixture, form into a ball, and flatten to ¼-inch thickness. Spray griddle with canola oil spray, and place basmati cakes on a griddle for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp on each side. Place each cake on a baking sheet after grilling.
Preheat oven to 350F. Bake rice cakes for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden in color.
Scallion Chat Masala Yogurt
Combine yogurt, Chat Masala and scallions and mix thoroughly.
Reserve for later use.
Place basmati cake on a serving tray, scoop salad on top, top salad with a dollop of masala and garnish with a slice of scallion and a few black sesame seeds.