- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup cooked Alessi Medium Grain Pearled Farro
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Alessi Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup white buttom mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree (or two cloves minced fresh garlic)Add
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Alessi Pine NutsAdd
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Prepare farro according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise and scoop out inside pulp using a melon baller. Reserve flesh.
Blanch zucchini in boiling water under tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together onion, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and ½ cup of diced zucchini pulp. Saute mixture in olive oil until onions are opaque.
Remove from heat and stir in basil and pine nuts. Combine with cooked farro. Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for 20 minutes. Drizzle with more oil if desired. Serves 6.