- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups Alessi Medium Grain Pearled FarroAdd
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic puree (or 2 cloves minced garlic)Add
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Vigo Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- Freshly ground Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to tasteAdd
- Alessi Smooth Marinara SauceAdd
- Spaghetti Squash
Cook farro in 4 cups of water according to package instructions. Place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside and allow to cool. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in heated oil until onions are translucent. Add to mixing bowl with farro. Add eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, water, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 1 ½” balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve with pasta sauce over a bed of prepared spaghetti squash. Top with additional grated cheese if desired.
Makes 25 wheatballs.