- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Cook quinoa in chicken broth according to package directions, keep warm.
In a large sauté pan, cook bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon drippings. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside. Cook onion, celery and carrots in bacon drippings until tender. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Add garlic puree. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl combine quinoa with bacon and vegetables and stir in cranberries.