Fried Mozzarella Balls with Alessi Smooth Marinara
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Alessi Seasoned Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Alessi Smooth Marinara Sauce, heated
- Place 3 – 4 mozzarella pearls on wooden skewer.
- In three shallow bowls, fill first with flour, the second with eggs and milk (beaten together), and in the third, bread crumbs.
- Roll each cheese skewer in flour, tapping off excess flour, then dip in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining cheese ball skewers until all are coated.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat oil to 350°F (use a candy or deep-fry thermometer to gauge temperature). Set a large plate topped with paper towels off to the side.
- Lower cheese skewers into hot oil, keep separated while frying. Remove from oil after 1 minute or when golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain. Let oil return to 350°F before making next batch. Repeat until all cheese balls are fried.
- Serve fried mozzarella balls with heated sauce for dipping.