- 3 peppers (one red, one yellow and one orange)
- 1 cup cooked Alessi Medium Grain Pearled FarroAdd
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree (or 2 cloves minced garlic)Add
- 2 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Vigo Sliced Calamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Vigo Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Freshly ground Alessi Sea Salt and Black peppercorns, to tasteAdd
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut each pepper in half vertically. Remove pith and seeds and blanch 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Remove and drain. Prepare farro according to package instructions, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a medium sized saucepan, saute onion and garlic in heated oil until onion is translucent. Add chopped kale and cook about 4 minutes or until kale has softened. Add to mixture farro then add tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and feta and mix well. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and spoon mixture into cooked pepper halves. Place in oven and cook uncovered for 25 – 30 minutes. Sprinkle with more crumbled feta if desired.
Makes 6 servings.