- Prep Time:
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
• For the Steak • •
- 1 - 1 1/2lb flank steak
- 1/2 tablespoon Alessi Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• For the Chimichurri Sauce • •
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Alessi Premium All Natural Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Red Wine VinegarAdd
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• For the Farro Pilaf • •
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Premium All Natural Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 package Alessi Porcini Mushroom Farro (7oz)Add
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Sea Salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For the Steak
- Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil.
- Using a small bowl, combine the seasonings (brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano). Rub both sides of steak with mixture. Wrap steaks in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- Using a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined. (Note: This can be made at the same time as the steak rub. Just cover and let stand for a couple of hours.) For a smoother sauce, feel free to put this in a small food processor or mini-chopper.
For the Farro Pilaf
- Using a large sauté pan, add olive oil. Once hot, add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add farro, water, corn and salt; increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Let stand uncovered for 3 minutes before fluffing lightly with a fork.
To Grill Steak
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill steak for 4-5 minutes. Flip steak over, turn heat off and let cook for 5-6 more minutes, or until steak reaches desired doneness.
- Let steak rest on cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide Farro Pilaf across 4 plates. Top pilaf with halved cherry tomatoes and sliced flank steak. Spoon chimichurri sauce over steak before serving.
Featured on: Spiced. One Dash at a Time