- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Arborio RiceAdd
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
In a saucepan, keep chicken broth simmering.
In a separate 4-quart heavy bottomed saucepan, heat butter and olive oil. Add sausage and onion and cook until sausage is browned. Add apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix well. Add Arborio rice and stir until well coated (approximately 2 minutes). Then add wine and stir until absorbed.
Add enough broth to barely cover rice and meat. Continually stir while cooking until broth is absorbed. Continue in this manner, adding ½ cup broth each time until all broth is absorbed. Adjust heat to keep rice cooking at slow boil. Risotto should be creamy and moist, tender yet firm to the bite (al dente), about 18 minutes.
Remove from heat and adjust with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.