Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1/4 cup bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup Alessi Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta
Preheat oven to 375.
Using a spoon or your fingers, pop out mushroom stems and set aside. Finely dice 1/3 cup of reserved mushroom stems.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced mushroom stems, bacon and onion. Cook until soft and lightly brown; add garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, Parmesan and wine. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Place mushrooms stem side up in a baking dish. Spoon ricotta inside each mushroom then tops with breadcrumb mixture. Brush remaining olive oil on top of bread crumb mixture. Bake for 25 minutes until soft and brown.