- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1/4 cup bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 1/4 cup Alessi Italian Style Seasoned Bread CrumbsAdd
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta
Preheat oven to 375.
Using a spoon or your fingers, pop out mushroom stems and set aside. Finely dice 1/3 cup of reserved mushroom stems.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced mushroom stems, bacon and onion. Cook until soft and lightly brown; add garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, Parmesan and wine. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Place mushrooms, stem side up in a baking dish. Spoon ricotta inside each mushroom then top with bread crumb mixture. Brush remaining olive oil on top of bread crumb mixture. Bake for 25 minutes until soft and brown.