- Prep Time: 30 minutew
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 sheets filo dough
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Smooth Marinara SauceAdd
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400.
In a saucepan, brown ground beef and drain excess liquid. Add marinara sauce and heat through. In a bowl, combine ricotta, egg, garlic, Parmesan, and parsley.
Brush one sheet of filo dough lightly with olive oil then cut sheet into 8 equal squares. Layer 4 squares on top of each other and place 4 squares into a muffin tin cup, pressing into bottom and sides. Repeat with remaining filo dough squares so all 12 muffin cups each have 4 squares of filo dough.
Fill filo cups with ricotta then top with ground beef sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly before gently removing from muffin cups.