- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 3/4 teaspoons minced rosemary
- Alessi Sea Salt
- Alessi Black Peppercorns
- 8 ounces Vigo Feta Cheese, cut into rectangles and chilled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Vigo Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 6 Vigo pepperoncini, cut into rings
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic ReductionAdd
Written by: Chef Doug Bebell of Mystic Fish Restaurant
In a small bowl, combine ½ tsp. of the garlic puree with ½ tsp. of the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Coat the feta cheese with the garlic mixture.
Put the flour, egg and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge the feta cheese medallions in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat with the bread crumbs. Transfer the breaded medallions onto a platter lined with wax paper and refrigerate until chilled.
In a medium saucepan, add 1 tbsp. olive oil, bring to medium heat. Add pepperoncini and onion, sauté until onions start to caramelize and turn slightly brown. Keep warm.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the remaining olive oil until shimmering. Add the feta-cheese medallions and cook over moderately high heat until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Place on paper towel to remove excess grease.
Place sautéed pepperoncini and onions in center of plate. Add the fried feta cheese on top and drizzle Alessi balsamic reduction on top of the breaded feta.