- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 3/4 teaspoons minced rosemary
- Alessi Sea Salt
- Alessi Black Peppercorns
- 8 ounces Vigo Feta Cheese, cut into rectangles and chilled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Vigo Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 6 Vigo Greek Peppers-Pepperoncini, cut into rings
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Reduction
Written by: Chef Doug Bebell of Mystic Fish Restaurant
In a small bowl, combine ½ tsp. of the garlic puree with ½ tsp. of the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Coat the feta cheese with the garlic mixture.
Put the flour, egg and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge the feta cheese medallions in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat with the bread crumbs. Transfer the breaded medallions onto a platter lined with wax paper and refrigerate until chilled.
In a medium saucepan, add 1 tbsp. olive oil, bring to medium heat. Add pepperoncini and onion, sauté until onions start to caramelize and turn slightly brown. Keep warm.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the remaining olive oil until shimmering. Add the feta-cheese medallions and cook over moderately high heat until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Place on paper towel to remove excess grease.
Place sautéed pepperoncini and onions in center of a plate. Add the fried feta cheese on top and drizzle Alessi balsamic reduction on top of the breaded feta.