- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to tasteAdd
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound Alessi GnocchiAdd
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Crushed TomatoesAdd
- Shredded Italian cheese, to taste
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Cook onion until soft and translucent and then add garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned and crumbled. Drain excess fat from pot.
Add water, broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add gnocchi to boiling liquid and simmer until gnocchi begin to float. When gnocchi float, turn off heat. Serve with shredded cheese.