- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound Alessi Organic RigatoniAdd
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 3 cups baby spinach, divided
- 1 egg
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to tasteAdd
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic PureeAdd
- 1 cup Alessi Italian Style Seasoned Bread CrumbsAdd
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 jar Alessi Smooth MarinaraAdd
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 450.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot and toss with olive oil.
Chop 1 cup spinach. In a large bowl, combine egg, salt, pepper, garlic, breadcrumbs, meat and chopped spinach. Mix until evenly blended and then form into 1½ inch meatballs. Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes until brown.
Add the marinara sauce to the pasta with ¼ cup ricotta, remaining spinach and the meatballs. Mix until evenly combined and transfer to a baking dish. Dollop the remaining ricotta on top and broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.