Balsamic Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 servings
Watch the Video Below
- two (2) pre-made (frozen) pie crust
- 7 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Alessi All Natural Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4" thick cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
FOR THE FILLING:
- Place 1 cup of blueberries in large bowl, crush with wooden spoon.
- Stir in cornstarch and vinegar until cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir all remaining filling ingredients (except butter, egg and water) into crushed berry mixture.
- Pour fruit mixture into pie crust. Dot with butter cubes.
- Cut 2nd pie crust with leaf shaped cookie cutters to decorate (as shown), or cut into strips and arrange piecrust strips in a lattice design over filling. Trim excess dough.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush a small amount of egg mixture around edge of pie.
- Brush entire pie with remaining egg mixture. Freeze 20 minutes or until dough is firm.
- While pie is in freezer, preheat oven to 425 F.
- Bake pie on a foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F, bake 20 minutes more. Cover pie with foil to prevent excessive browning and bake 25 to 30 minutes (about 65 to 70 minutes total), or until crust is golden and filling bubbles in center.
- Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for 1 hour before serving.