Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry liqueur
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoons Alessi Balsamic Reduction
- 1 package (20-24) Alessi Biscotti Savoiardi (Lady Finger) cookiesAdd
- 8 ounces freeze-dried strawberry dust, for garnish
- halved fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Alessi Balsamic Reduction, optional garnish
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar. Use an electric mixer on high setting to beat yolks until they double in size. The mixture should be airy and lighter in color.
- In another bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining sugar together until stiff peaks form. Whisk in Mascarpone until just incorporated.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into mascarpone and cream batter. Set aside.
- Whisk strawberry liqueur, milk and balsamic reduction together in a small bowl.
- In your preferred serving dish (an 8x8 dish works perfectly!), begin layering lady finger cookies soaked in strawberry milk mixture, then cream mixture. Optionally, add sliced fresh strawberries, as well. Repeat once.
- Add freeze-dried strawberries to dry blender, blend into a fine dust.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of freeze-dried strawberry dust. Top with halved strawberries, cut side down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, garnish with balsamic reduction before serving to friends and family.