- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten free as needed)
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 tablespoons Alessi Capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley and lemon slices (optional for garlic)
- Alessi Organic RigatoniAdd
- Season salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and then salmon; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked to your liking. Peel any skin off of salmon, if needed. Transfer salmon to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm; set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and once melted add garlic and sauté about 20 seconds.
- Pour in 1 cup chicken broth and let simmer until broth is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together remaining 1/3 cup broth with cornstarch.
- While whisking pour cornstarch mixture into reduced broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice. Remove from heat, return salmon to skillet.
- Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve over Alessi pasta and sprinkle with capers and parsley. Serve immediately.
**Substitute cream with evaporated milk or half-and-half to reduce calories and fat.
Featured on: Kim's Cravings