- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup Alessi Arborio Rice
- 8 ounces sweet mini peppers
- 10 dried plums, diced
- 1/2 large shallot diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 cup Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Italian Red Wine VinegarAdd
- Alessi Sea Salt, to taste
- Alessi Black Pepper
- 2 Provolone cheese slices, cut into small strips
- 1/2 cup Alessi Smooth Marinara
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cook Arborio rice as instructed by the package (usually 2 cups of water per one cup of rice)
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and ribs.
Once rice is cooked, remove from heat and add dried plums, shallot, fennel seed, marjoram, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves and top with strips of provolone cheese. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until peppers are tender and cheese is golden brown.
Meanwhile, heat the Alessi Smooth Marinara Sauce in a saucepan. When peppers are done, remove from oven and spoon the marinara sauce on top of each pepper. Sprinkle with rosemary and enjoy!
Serve the remaining rice mixture on the side if desired.