Alessi's Eggplant Parmesan
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Alessi Fine Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Vigo Olive Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 jar Alessi Smooth Marinara
- 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle eggplant slices with sea salt, let sit for several minutes, then pat dry. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three shallow dishes. Dip eggplant slices in flour, then egg wash, then dredge in bread crumbs.
Heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of large skillet over medium heat. In batches, fry eggplant in hot oil, about 2 minutes per side until golden. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
Arrange eggplant in the bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Meanwhile, heat marinara in saucepan.
Top finished eggplant with warm marinara and sprinkle with Parmesan.